Wednesday, January 11, 2006

No never means yes on the road of life

PARK RIDGE (ap) — After realizing that motorists don't know what a traditional stop sign means, police here have posted new red octagons underneath with this explanation: "STOP MEANS STOP." According to police, the new signs are working. People are halting, reading the signs and talking about them.

Police plan to move them elsewhere as "hot spots" pop up. Otherwise, one officer joked, motorists might become immune to the no-nos. "Then we'll end up putting another sign underneath that says, 'NO, REALLY, STOP MEANS A 3-WAY IS OUT OF THE QUESTION.'"

In addition to this new sign, police plan to put explanatory signs under other often-misunderstood road signs in various "hot spots."

Look for the following explanations on road signs, coming soon to Park Ridge streets:


This means I'm checking you out from head to toe.


There'll be plenty of time to sleep when we're dead, let's party!


But blondes are definitely a turn on.


You must give me your number.


I've got the urge to merge.


I just don't date Republicans.


I realize your sister is off limits.


Too late, no changing your mind.


Designated parking for quickies.


No, no, no, not in there!


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny!!!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Marley said...

agreed!

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I'd read this AFTER the squirrel-torture story last night! I couldn't fall asleep I was so disturbed! But, I read this one first, so the funny wore off.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home