Tuesday, December 27, 2005

FC1 Western Ave. Stop 9: Thai me up

Another one of my billion-dollar ideas at one point in life was to create a magazine/website called A Perfect Plate of Pad Thai. Yeah, I was looking for pad thai that would rival what I once ate in Bangkok, but really it was meant to be a metaphor for my endless quest for perfection. I never did find the perfect plate, but Opart Thai House, right under the Western Avenue Brown Line stop, is one of the better cheap Thai places in town. Damn good pad thai, and they actually accommodate if you ask to make it spicy.

From the L stop, incidentally, you can see four Thai restaurants. This, I think, proves the vitality of Lincoln Square.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm fairly sure you can't swing a dead cat in this town without hitting a thai restaurant.


ok, maybe not literally, but every neighborhood has at least one, and probably two.

3:54 PM  
Blogger teacherman said...

very true ... maybe what proves this neighborhood's vitality is that one She She restaurant on Lincoln.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She She is closed...

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home