Tuesday, December 27, 2005

FC1 Western Ave. Stop 17: Empty Bottle

And so we come to the end of today's tour. To be honest, I'm not sure I've ever been any further south on Western. But, really, this is the perfect place to stop, the Empty Bottle. This is the best music venue in the city. I thought so even when Lounge Axe was around. The Bottle is roomier but still tiny, and consistently books the best up-and-coming acts. I remember the Flaming Lips show when Wayne walked over to the piano (that isn't there anymore) and played an acoustic version of that one bug-in-the-ear song, and the whole place was dead quiet until everyone started singing along to the chorus. Right there is probably my favorite music moment, which is why the Empty Bottle will remain my favorite. I don't really recognize most of the acts there these days, but that's OK. I can leave the Bottle to the younger, hipper people, and I'll join the oldsters at Schuba's.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait, seriously? you've never been any further south on western?
it gets pretty interesting down in UK village, and...


ok, i'm bored at work, too, from the gapersblock fuel comments i came here and i can't stop commenting! great idea with the FC thing, though. for real. wish i had a week off, i'd probably do the same. :)

3:58 PM  
Blogger teacherman said...

Thanks!
I'm having fun too.
Tomorrow I'm planning to do a post on my favorite tree in Chicago. Took some pictures today that I think everyone will enjoy. If you have a favorite tree, send me a copy.
By the way, I guess I have been further south on Western, but I just got cold and ran out of memory space so I stopped taking pics. I'll eventually return to finish off the rest of the street.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home