Monday, December 26, 2005

One-track mind

Here's another "Awwwwwwww, poor you!" post for all you haters.

Got up early, as always, and left my insignificant mark on the Chicago blogging world with two more attempts at brilliance and humor that will forever go unnoticed because very few people read this blog, even fewer during the holidays. No matter, one of these days I'll show all of you and go laughing all the way to the insane asylum.

Usually I have a morning deadline. I get up early and have to write quickly before heading off to work. (This is my excuse for the shoddy writing.) Not today. With no need to worry about going to work for the next two weeks, I have no deadline, which means I get to sit around and feel sorry for myself before posting (and giving adp something to comment about). After posting, it was still dark and dreary out, so I decided to crash out for an hour or two. Ah ... winter vacation! Being able to go to sleep and wake up any damn time I feel like. (This is where I hope the three or four people who read this today will start feeling sorry for themselves. Ha.)

Anyway, anyway, I just woke up a couple of minutes ago on the couch in my living room. As I opened my eyes, I actually thought my computer was glowing, and my first thought was, "Crap! It turned itself on. I need to post something!" Then I rolled over and realized it wasn't the computer but daylight that was streaming into the room. Oh, it's not the sunshine Tom Skilling promised. But it is a new day, time to head off and discover what's what in this (insert adjective of your choice) city.

7 Comments:

Blogger Pari said...

Merry Christamas ap

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You thought you could bait me but I already told you - My Boxing Day resolution is to quit responding to you when you are feeling sorry for yourself. No more seeming like an overly-sensitive, emotional person on your blog. I don't want your tens of readers to make fun of me!

Who am I kidding - during our mutual two week winter vacation we should get together and discuss our feelings in some sort of healing circle or do some guided meditation... or when I get back to the city tomorrow we can just go drown our sorrows in some frothy beverages.

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

adp...I think you are TO GREAT of a person to make yourself seem desperate and if ap wants to make fun of that...well let him linger in his own sorrow :o)

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ADP do you know what is the meaning behind Boxing Day?

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I know the meaning of Boxing Day. I was just goofing around saying I had made a resolution for it. I could have just as easily said I made a Monday resolution but a Boxing Day Resolution amuses me more. And thank you anon for thinking I'm too great. I certainly didn't meant to sound desperate - merely thirsty.

3:52 PM  
Blogger teacherman said...

What is the meaning of boxing day? Does it have anything to do with re-gifting?

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At some point growing up I was told it had to do with giving away boxes of donated items, food, etc. to people in need/people who had traditional "servant" roles in a household. A quick search shows this is only partially right the day goes back much longer then I ever knew.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home