Tuesday, December 27, 2005

FC1 Western Ave. Stop 11: Welles Park

Another mile, another awesome park. This one has an indoor pool, a cool gazebo, and a horseshoe pit. I was done photographing some of these things, just getting in my car, when I saw a certain head of hair bouncing my way. I quickly turned on my camera and snapped this shot of the most famous neighborhood resident, Gov. Rod Blagojevich. His security guard on the bike gave me a dirty look as they went past.

Just about everyone in the neighborhood has a story of almost running Blago over as he jogs through the streets.

Note: Click on picture to slightly enlarge. Click here to return to The Daley Show homepage.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Rich Miller said...

Just out of curiosity, what time of day was this photo taken?

3:41 PM  
Blogger teacherman said...

at roughly 2:15 p.m. yesterday ...
I don't live in the neighborhood anymore, but I still have several friends that do, and I think we'd all say that you can spot Blago jogging down Wilson at just about any time of the day ...
wait a second, why are you asking? was he supposed to be at some meeting or something?

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In all fairness, it was the day after Christmas that this picture was taken ...

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is sorta common to see Blago jogging in the middle of the day.

It has happened to me twice. In fairness, once was on Labor Day, and he almost ran me over on the Lincoln Ave. sidewalk. (Look where you're going, Gov.) Blago always looks like he's in the 27th mile of a marathon.

The second time, my wife almost yelled out "I'm still not voting for you" as he jogged in the street on Wilson, then turned to me and asked why he was doing something else, like running the state.

And that security guy looks cross-eyed at everyone.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous 12.02:

GOOD FOR YOUR WIFE. She has expressed the views of just about everyone I know and all my co-workers.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home