Tuesday, December 27, 2005

FC1 Western Ave. Stop 1: Indian Boundary

Just a few blocks into our journey, we already need a break from the road rage and fumes of Western Avenue. Just south of Touhy and a block west of Western is one of the prettiest neighborhood parks in the city, Indian Boundary Park. No ball fields, just lots of grass and trees on 13 acres that make you forget you're in the big city.

I'm not sure how many city parks have a zoo, but at Indian Boundary, you can see a cow, a goat, and some llamas hanging out in their caged spaces. Just don't get too close because they do spit. The park also has a beautiful little lagoon, a giant wooden playground, and loads of space for brave families to enjoy the winter.

Sometimes I think I'm an idiot, other times I know I am one. Whenever I visit this park, I know what I am. I had a chance to buy a condo overlooking this park, but instead bought the one I've been at for the past five years. This could have been my backyard.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend lives in one of the buildings surrounding the park (the one that backs directly onto the park by the pond.) He says that everyone he knows in the building (including himeslf) is on some sort of anti-depression/psychosis/anxiety drug. He calls his condo the Crazy House. It must be the llama spit.

10:37 AM  
Blogger teacherman said...

That's pretty funny. I wonder if the park does that to people or if it attracts certain people. Maybe that's why I keep wishing I had moved to that building (possibly the same one where your friend lives) ...

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if it's the people who are attracted to the building, we both need to get hooked up with some Prozac or Xanex. It's a nice place and looking out his back windows more then makes up for the gas station out front (which I think recently got torn up.) But I think you are discounting my llama spit hypothesis too quickly.

3:45 PM  
Blogger teacherman said...

I haven't discounted your hypothesis ... I fear the llamas ...

3:59 PM  
Blogger Jonah said...

Indian Boundy was better when you could pet the goats. And it needs bathrooms that can be used on Sundays.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home