Thursday, December 29, 2005

Uh-oh ... They've figured out my blogging formula

It's a little after 5 a.m., and I can't sleep. I'm bothered by something I heard on the news last night that linked sarcasm to anger. I won't be able to fall back asleep until I figure out what the hell they were talking about. A google search results in a link to the Boston University Faculty & Staff Assistance Office, which brings us this quick true/false ANGER quiz:

  • I am often irritable and cranky. (True!)
  • I am on guard to keep others from taking advantage of me. (True! Gotta keep my eye on that sneaky Daily Kos guy.)
  • I have angry outbursts. (True!)
  • I have been neglecting previously enjoyable activities. (True! Can't remember the last time I shoveled snow.)
  • I frequently argue with family. (True! Well, only when I talk to them.)
  • I often feel stressed and pressured, or in a rush. (True! How many more damn questions?!)
  • I often feel unfairly treated or disrespected. (True! No love.)
  • I think a lot about how to retaliate when I have been criticized. (True! Still thinking about how to get back at the high school teacher that gave me a B- in creative writing. He might be dead, but I WILL find his grave.)
  • It's hard for me to wait in my car while students are crossing the street and not paying attention to traffic. (True! Especially handicapped kids.)
  • People avoid me at work or at home. (True! True!)
  • Sometimes I have been so angry I have wanted to hit someone. (True! Well, I've wanted to hit them with some rude remark. Hit 'em hard.)
  • When I am not fighting with my (partner, family member), I am fighting with someone at work. (True! Preferred form of fighting: Sumo ... wearing the fat suit.)
  • When someone cuts me off in traffic, I am enraged. (True! But I usually get even. At least in my mind.)

    If you answered true to 3 or more statements, you may benefit from talking to someone about learning to manage your anger blog.

    OK, I can go back to sleep now.

  • 3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    boy what a fun little quiz to take around the holiday's. Your responses not that far from what I would have assumed after reading this damn blog for the past month. Good luck managing your blog.

    8:31 AM  
    Blogger Marley said...

    6 out of 13 - ummm definitely hostile and about to get angrie - where's yesterday's adventure to the market?!

    9:15 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    But what's the remedy?

    1:48 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home