Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Blogger Reversals

On Sunday, the Chicago Tribune ran a series of "critical reversals," where some arts and entertainment hacks changed their minds about something they either panned or proclaimed the second coming of the Beatles. Or they simply admitted they were wrong.

Good idea. Hindsight is indeed 20/20, and so, starting today, I'd like to present a few opinions I'd like to clarify.
  1. When Todd "the Stooge" Stroger was crowned his father's successor, I remember thinking, "Who gives a shit about the Cook County Board President anyway?" Just a couple of weeks after Stoger's election over Tony Peraica, every time I see that incompetent asshole renege on a campaign promise or say something stupid, I really really wish I hadn't turned on the news. I blame myself. No more local TV news for me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Christian Hartwig said...

That’s nothing. Check out what Cook County Board President Bobbie Steele did.
“During a Thanksgiving Day interview, Steele -- who also is a county commissioner -- said she'll be stepping down from her County Board seat shortly before surrendering her board presidency Dec. 4.
And, she said, she wants her son -- Robert Steele -- appointed to her commissioner's post.” (Sun-Times)
So not only will she now be pulling in three pensions (commissioner, board, teacher—approaching $200,000?) but she deliberately mislead voters to reelect her so that she could appoint her son and, as if things couldn’t get more corrupt, she might take paid consulting positions for Stroger.
Isn’t there a bumper sticker somewhere that says: “If you’re not angry, you’re not paying attention.”?

8:30 PM  
Blogger teacherman said...

Gee, thanks Christian. Let me clarify my clarification: I will never again watch local news. I will never again read the Sun-Times. And I will never again read comments from people trying to inform me.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Christian Hartwig said...

Liar, liar, blog on fire

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Todd Stroger is something else. I just don't know how he is getting away with all he does.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Green Man said...

Keep watchin keep gettin mad. At least you don't have to see former Mayor Eugene Sawyers former Mayoral Aid Steve Cokeley's Aids Infected, toothless,knocked the fuck out looking, kiddy skirt chasing gym shoe wearing,funky stupid, no Rogain buying,nappy weave wearing face in City Hall any more. As for me I bet you know who I am. I'll give you a clue. There's only one hill, one path,they call me The Evil One in the aftermath. Act right fools I'm Watchin, Ha,ha,ha,damn Steve and That big Black Trannie got they're ass beat.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home