Saturday, January 21, 2006

500 visits in one day!

It took two months for The Daley Show to get 2,800 visitors, an average of 50 per day. Then, out of nowhere, I got 500 hits yesterday. The secret: I got a mention on The Capitol Fax, a political blog out of Springfield. With these two sentences in his odds-and-ends post--Andy Plonka has a photo of Governor Blagojevich jogging in his neighborhood during the day. Check Andy’s comments after I asked what time that photo was snapped.--Rich Miller delivered readers from all over the country, with domains like state.il.us and house.gov. That just goes to show how much power a popular blog has. And it leads me to wonder, what do I need to do to get Blago to bookmark my blog and visit every day?

Advice to the governor, in case you are reading: You should start your own blog called blagoblog.com. And if you need a writer/photographer, feel free to contact me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rich Miller said...

You're welcome.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Marley said...

I was just wondering if you were able to tell how many people visit your site, even if they don't leave comments, I guess now I know - congrats!

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahem....

There already is a BlagoBlog.com. ;-)

It's pretty funny too.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home