Sunday, December 04, 2005

That'll be the last time I take this stuff seriously

So there I was at the ADI summit on Saturday, an exciting day for me. National politics was coming to Chicago and I was going to be there. Surely I'd have some good material for this blog, maybe get someone to actually read it and comment.

My goal was to poke fun, have a laugh, but Hillary's speech was so bad I got all serious and angry (see post below). I meant no harm. I don't know enough to be harmful. Or is it the ignorant that are the most dangerous? Or is ignorance bliss? Ah, I can't remember.

Still, anyway, in case anyone cares, here are some of my "independent" credentials: I have never voted Republican. I voted for Clinton once, Nader twice. I voted for Dean. Before the Iraq invasion I marched in Washington once and Chicago three times. I helped a voter registration drive at an inner city high school, signing up dozens of low-income, minority teenagers. I crossed the border and knocked on Wisconsin doors for Kerry. So you can be sure that opinions on this blog will always be fair and balanced and completely objective.

Still, this is not the place for serious discussion. I leave that to other venues. I'd much rather talk about the human-interest side of these kinds of events, how a woman fell flat on her face walking to her front-row seat, how Blago marched off stage like a robot, and, I'm embarrassed to admit, how Hillary looked pretty damn fine for a woman her age.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whats up Mr.P is this like ur online zine project?

1:18 AM  
Blogger teacherman said...

Hey Hussain,
How did you find this? Reply in my email, OK?

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found it after John told me about it last nite when we were hammered. Glad I remembered!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home