Friday, December 09, 2005

In Chicago tonight, two weaklings: Daley vs. Bob Sirot

The interview starts with the phoniest smile I have ever seen on a politician. The mayor looks nervous. Weak. But the interviewer is even weaker, an idiot who smiles too much and wants the other person to like him.

Last night I wished I had cable, tonight I wish I had Ti-Vo. Then again, there's not much on so far that I want to replay.

At the end of the interview, Daley smiles, laughs, and says, "Thank you, I enjoyed it." Enjoyed his first in-depth interview in months during a year he's been tied to scandal after scandal? Oh well, so much for a PBS news program digging. Instead, we get fluff: the mayor listens to WGCI, the mayor gets bossed around by his wife, the mayor likes war movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home