Thursday, May 10, 2007

While I was away

Several months ago, I said goodbye to this blog thing.


You might have wondered what I've been up to. Well, maybe not, but I'll tell you anyway. It wasn't always easy, life away from the blogosphere. Here's a recap:

First, I went down to Key West, where I thought I might live like the jugglers.

But the man with the cats scared me off.


I returned to Chicago and realized my co-workers are getting older.

I considered partying like the Polkaholics.

That's much harder than it looks, but at least the South American women were into it.

Things got a little hazy after that. I ran into a viking at the Norge Ski Jump.

I spotted a giraffe.

At some point, I didn't understand some art.

Eventually, I started looking for direction. But I didn't know which way to turn.

Would I find the answers at the White House? Surely the resident would not lead me (or the country) astray.


Could I possibly get a job at good old Hempfield High?

I am, after all, pretty good at firing things up.

Things got clearer when I went down to Kentucky for the Derby.

While I didn't exactly party with the queen (she's there somewhere),


I did spot her Irish counterpart.

At that point, I understood: Maybe I should lay off the booze


and go back to sleep.

1 Comments:

Blogger ML Gibby said...

Did that Leprechaun mistake another kind of deposit for a treasured pot o'gold? Clearly, he was angered you were in the portalet and up to no good. Perhaps he just got the "pot" part of his directive to protect a "pot of gold." Bourbon can do that to a guy. He should stick to the Jaimesons.

Rusty Bongwater

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home